Sent to all parents
Reminder to All AMSA Parents/Guardians -
We hope you can join us at our in-person Back to School Nights:
- Wednesday, September 22, 6 p.m. -- Grades 6 and 9
- Tuesday, September 28, 6 p.m. -- Grades 7 and 8
- Thursday, September 30, 6 p.m. -- Grades 10, 11, and 12
NOTE: The schedule for the evening has changed slightly. All parents/guardians will first go to one of the cafeterias.
See schedule below.
This is a wonderful opportunity to meet your student's teachers and learn more about the school, its culture, and curriculum. Teachers use this occasion to discuss the content of their courses and expectations for students and to begin building strong relationships with parents/guardians.
Due to concerns surrounding COVID, we ask that families send only one (1) parent/guardian to attend their student's Back to School Night. If you are unable to attend your Back to School Night, and you have questions, please feel free to contact teachers directly through email.
Back to School Night is designed for general introductions and information. Because of the limited schedule, we ask that if you have a specific concern about your student, you contact their teacher by email and set up a parent/teacher conference.
Please ask your student(s) to provide you with their Day 1, A Block teacher’s name, building (Upper School, Lower School, or White Building) and room number. There will be student guides throughout the buildings to answer questions and give you directions, but having your child’s 1st period class information ahead of time will ensure a smooth transition at the beginning of the evening.
Here are instructions on how to access your student's schedule:
- Log in to your Parent PlusPortals account.
- At the top of the home page, click on "More" located next to your student's name.
- Scroll over/hover over "School."
- "Schedule" will appear as an option to click. Click on "Schedule" and you will find your student's full academic schedule. You can print this, save as a PDF, screenshot, etc.
Back to School Night Schedule
- Masks are required for all parents/guardians.
- All Back to School Nights will start at 6:00 p.m.
- All parents/guardians should go first to one of the following cafeterias for a brief greeting from administration:
- Sept. 22: Grade 6 - Lower School Caf., Grade 9 - Upper School Caf.
- Sept. 28: Grade 7 - Lower School Caf., Grade 8 - Upper School Caf.
- Sept. 30: Grades 10, 11, 12 - Upper School Caf.
- Following the greeting from administration, parents/
guardians will go to their student's Day 1 first period class (A1 block).
- Parents will follow the Day 1 schedule, having 8 abbreviated classes in total. Each class will run for ten minutes with a three-minute passing time.
- If your student has a study hall in their schedule, please feel free to visit with administrators who will be in the two cafeterias or main office areas.
- Throughout the evening, student leaders will be stationed throughout the school to assist you in locating different classrooms.
We look forward to welcoming you!
- back to school