Sent to Gr 9-11 parents and students
Dear 9th-11th grade students and families,
Reminder! All AMSA students in grades 9, 10, and 11 will take the PSAT test on Wednesday, October 13. Students in grade 9 will take the computer-based PSAT 8/9 and students in grades 10-11 will take the PSAT/NMSQT. The PSAT is the qualifying test for 11th graders interested in the National Merit Scholarship Program.
Classes for students in grades 9-11 will not be meeting from blocks 1-5 to accommodate the testing. Any student who reports to a testing room and wants to test on PSAT day will be tested; we will follow up after testing for payment.
Students in grades 10 and 11 should bring a calculator (graphing or scientific) on test day!
Registration for the PSAT is online via Orgs Online (info below).
If you do not want your child to take the PSAT, please fill out this brief form to opt out.
Director of School Counseling
Our system for payments and signups is called Orgs Online. This is the same system that we use for lunch orders. IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ORGS ONLINE ACCOUNT YOU MAY USE IT FOR THIS REGISTRATION. YOU ONLY NEED TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IF YOU'VE NEVER HAD ONE. If you have never used Orgs Online, please follow these instructions to create your account:
1) Go to www.orgsonline.com
2) Click "Create New Account" under the blue LOGIN button
3) Fill out the requested information. The school code for AMSA is 373AMASAAL
4) On the next page, fill out any additional information and finish setting up your user account
5) Click on the REVIEW REGISTRATION button
6) Click on the COMPLETE REGISTRATION button
7) Accept the Terms and Conditions and proceed to your family page
8) Once you have completed setting up your account you will need to click on "Manage Family Members" on the left hand side of your homepage to add your student(s). Once you have added your student(s) to your family account you can then choose "AMSA Clubs and Other Forms" to find the correct signup form(s).
If you have any questions or issues with Orgs Online or finding the form, please contact ITDepartment@amsacs.org.