AMSA logo

AMSA Athletics Overview / Fall “II” Update

AMSA Athletics Overview / Fall “II” Update

AMSA Administration met on Friday, February 5th reviewing in detail the sport specific modifications set forth by the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). We have decided to move forward with the Fall “II” Athletics season! We will be offering the sports of JV & Varsity Soccer and JV & Varsity Volleyball here at AMSA this upcoming Fall “II” season with a start date of March 1st.

The Maynard Football Co-Op will also be running, beginning on February 22nd.  Unfortunately, Assabet has decided to not offer any Fall “II” sports so Field Hockey will not be playing this season. (Please note, only grades 9-12 are eligible for Football).

Indoor Track is still being ironed out at the District Athletic Committee level, so we are awaiting a firm decision from our Central Mass. District 2 Athletic Committee on how Indoor Track is going to be rolled out. 

All student-athletes interested in competing in Fall “II” Athletics should have an updated physical on file with the school nurse dated on or more recently than 2/1/2020. Any physical exam given prior to that date is expired for this Fall “II”. You can mail, fax or email forms now, or send to try-outs with your son/daughter.

Registration is now open from Wednesday, February 10th through Sunday, February 21st so please register in your Orgs Online account by 2/21. If you need assistance with your Orgs Online account, please reach out to Athletic Director Pete Jones at

Due to state guidelines on gatherings, rosters will need to be smaller this year. Registration will be open to all but not all grades will end up being able to try-out for Volleyball & Soccer. We’ll need to limit the amount of people on each team, even at try-outs. It is imperative you register as soon as possible so we can analyze the registrant lists and decide what grades will be able to try-out for our high school teams. Sport-Specific try-out details will be shared once we can make some decisions based on the number of registrants.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and support. We appreciate it greatly. I’ll need to ask for even more in the coming days as we work diligently on try-out schedules, and more importantly, protocols and procedures that will aid in creating a safe environment for our student-athletes. The health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, officials and game personnel remain a top priority as we begin to set the stage for a Fall “II” season. Administering a school-sponsored athletic season in a safe way is of paramount importance and the focus of the Athletic Department staff will be on just that.

Things will look quite different this year so there is still much work to be done. What is in place today, may be different tomorrow. The situation remains very fluid and we will continuously evaluate our decision as the season unfolds.

​​​​​​​Please reach out to Athletic Director Pete Jones directly at with any inquiries. Do not reply to this email.

Athletics Logo