Each year, AMSA’s High School Math Team excels in local and regional mathematics meets. Our “mathletes” are always well-prepared and tough competitors, ready for every challenge.
Of course, this past year was completely different and challenging in new ways due to the pandemic. The team met weekly on Zoom to practice and polish their math skills of problem solving in a given time. Their hard work, practice, and excellent coaching paid off with several individual high score ranks and team ranks at virtual meets during the season.
More than 25 Freshman and Varsity Math Team students competed in the following during the year:
- Four Varsity and three Freshman Math Meets held by WOCMAL (Worcester County Mathematics League)
- Six Math League contests
- One Purple Comet nationwide online contest
Some highlights from these contests -
- Sruthi Kurada tied from 18 and other top scorers were Rajat Baldawa and Travis Tran
- Travis Tran - 4th place out of 429 in Varsity WOCOMAL
- In The Math League contest - AMSA acquired 8th place among 76 schools in the New England area.
- In the Purple Comet contest - our school ranked 71 out of 884 international students.
Next year’s Math Team President is Travis Tran and Vice President is Sruthi Kurada.
AMSA’s High School Math Team is coached by Mr. Koci and Ms. Deshpande. Special thanks to Mr. Vea for supporting the team as a guide and mentor.
Congratulations to the entire team and good luck next year!