- All students in grades 6, 7, and 8 will participate in MCAS on Monday, May 17 (ELA) and Tuesday, May 18 (Math).
- All students in grade 8 will participate in MCAS on Wednesday, May 26 (STE).
- There is only one session per subject this year.
- Remote Students will test at home, via a Teacher-Supervised Grade Level Zoom meeting.
In-Person Students (and Remote Students who chose to test in-person this June) will participate in the MCAS Biology test on Monday, June 7 and Tuesday, June 8. The Biology test is the paper-based Legacy MCAS. Instructions for the Biology MCAS will be sent to parents and freshmen next week.
In-Person Students (and Remote Students who chose to test in-person this spring) will test on:
- Monday, May 17 (ELA Session 1) and Tuesday, May 18 (ELA Session 2)
- Thursday, May 27 (Math Session 1) and Friday, May 28 (Math Session 2)
Remote students who signed up for the spring in-person ELA and Math MCAS received instructions on Tuesday, May 11.
Please be assured that any sophomore who does not participate in MCAS this spring will automatically be
In-Person and Remote Students are not required to take MCAS but were offered the chance to test for the purpose of scholarship eligibility.
Things that all students who are testing should know
- Arrive at school on time, before 7:55am.
- In-Person students should report directly to their first period class as usual.
- In-Person juniors who are taking MCAS should report directly to the assigned cafeteria.
- Remote students who are testing, should report to their assigned test location.*
- In-Person students are expected to be in uniform or PE uniform.
- Remote students who are coming to AMSA for in-person testing are not required to be in uniform.
- Remote students who are coming to AMSA for in-person testing must leave when they have completed their test.
- Students may bring bottled water.
- Students are required to wear masks.
Students in grades 9, 11, and 12 will be attending their regular morning classes, unless otherwise directed. A small number of high school students in mixed grade classes may be assigned to a study hall.
If you have questions or concerns regarding MCAS, please contact email@example.com.
- in person w choice