This club is a chapter of the National Social Studies Honor Society. Rho Kappa recognizes junior and senior students for excellence in the social studies. The mission and purpose of Rho Kappa is:
1) to promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
2) to provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
3) to encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies
Candidates for membership should:
1) have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered (If a special circumstances merit, the high school administration may waive this requirement, providing a letter of explanation to the National Advisory Council).
2) have completed two core courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least three core courses. The minimum GPA for these courses is an unweighted 3.00 or the numerical equivalent.
3) have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or the numerical equivalent (Individual chapters may choose to increase the GPA requirements for their chapter but may not decrease them).
Advisor: Ms. Murphy
Meets: TBD 3-3:30 p.m.
Location: Room 807 White Building