Community Resources for Students and Families
- Crisis/Mental Health Resources
- Family Assistance Resources
- Domestic Violence Resources
- LGBTQ Youth & Family Resources
- Substance Abuse Resources
- Riverside Trauma Center Resources
INTERFACE Referral Service 1-888-244-6843 or 617-332-3666 ext. 1
- The William James INTERFACE Referral Service aims to help break down the “silos” that exist between various agencies, mental health providers, and systems that can often hinder access to mental health and wellness services for individuals.
Behavioral Health Partners of MetroWest 1-844-528-6800
- BHPMW is an agency that makes it easier for individuals, families, and health care providers to access mental health and social services offered by partner organizations.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Call 24/7 for free support and prevention/crisis resources for yourself or a loved one.
- 1-877-870-HOPE (4673)
- Call or text 24/7 for free, confidential support.
We recommend that families who are looking for ongoing counseling services consult with their Primary Care Physicians for referrals. You can also look on Psychology Today for therapist information and groups in your area. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us
Each of the resources below supports families in need of additional assistance.
SMOC Behavioral Health Services
- The South Middlesex Opportunity Council provides low income and disadvantaged families and individuals with services, advocating for their needs, educating and providing support.
United Way Tri County
- United Way Tri County provides services that connect people with resources to improve the community.
The Marlborough Cupboard
- Part of the Greater Boston Food Bank - Providing assistance to individuals and families in need in the greater Marlborough Area.
- Dial 2-1-1
- 211 is a vital service that connects millions of people to help every year.
Parental Stress Hotline
- Parents Helping Parents of Massachusetts empowers parents to nurture children and build stronger families.
National Parent Helpline
- 1-855-4A PARENT
- The National Parent Helpline offers emotional support from a trained Advocate to help empower parents.
Massachusetts Domestic Violence Programs for Survivors
- If you are a victim of abuse, you are not alone. Here you'll find resources from around the Commonwealth to help you.
Marlborough Police Department
- 508-485-1212 or dial 9-1-1
- The Marlborough Police Department is committed to educating the public of their rights with regard to domestic violence and abuse.
Each of the below organizations offers education, support, and resources for LGBTQ youth and families.
- OUT MetroWest builds communities where LGBTQ+ youth thrive.
PFLAG of Greater Worcester
- PFLAG of Greater Worcester promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people, their families and friends through: Support, to cope with an adverse society; Education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and Advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal civil rights.
- BAGLY is a youth-led, adult-supported social support organization committed to social justice, and creating, sustaining and advocating for programs, policies and services for the LGBTQ youth community.
- GLSEN is a national organization making schools safer for ALL students, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression.
Each of the following resources supports and provides assistance for individuals or families struggling with substance abuse or the effects of substance abuse.
The Addiction Referral Center
- The ARC provide daily meetings for those recovering from alcohol or drugs and education and referrals for substances users and their families. They also provide AL-ANON meetings for families coping with the substance abuse of a family member.
SMOC Behavioral Services
- SMOC also provides substance abuse services for the community.
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration)
- 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- SAMHSA’s National Helpline is a free, confidential, 24/7, 365-day-a-year treatment referral and information service (in English and Spanish) for individuals and families facing mental and/or substance use disorders.